Content marketing aims to do a single thing: craft a story that sells. For local businesses, this can be a challenge. Many business owners have great stories to tell. But some decide it isn’t worth it to use storytelling to define their br和.
However, for the ones who use the right content marketing strategy, the results are impressive. Here we share the some of the basics of content marketing, focusing on the ways local small- or medium-sized businesses can use these tactics for measurable results.
Why is content marketing important?
Content marketing has been around for a while. Some of the world’s most memorable br和s have made it a priority to connect with their audiences on a personal level.
在过去, sponsored stories in newspapers 和 magazines were the best (or only) way to get the message out to a broad audience.
Sponsored stories like this are still common 和 effective, but nowadays there are far more options for story-based advertising. Consumers expect a business to show personality online while making individual connections with people. Often, br和s can be opinionated, helpful, funny or controversial on social media.
Using media channels like Pinterest, YouTube和Instagram, br和s can connect to specific a customer’s way of life, 值或愿望.
What does this mean for local small- or medium-sized businesses? It means you have more ways than ever to bring your message to customers 和 prospects. 有这么多的选择, it’s critical to figure out which ones will help you reach the people you want to reach on the media platforms they enjoy most.
With so much to keep in mind, it had better be worth the effort.
Does content marketing work?
Consider this: Per dollar spent, content marketing generates approximately three times as many leads as traditional marketing.
Content marketing also costs 62 percent less than traditional marketing. It’s no surprise many Portl和 businesses are embracing content marketing. They focus on finding the intersection between what people want 和 what their br和 represents.
Where 和 how to use content marketing
How should small- or medium-sized businesses approach content marketing?
- 建立连接. Produce sharable content that inspires your audience.
- Start long-term relationships. Don’t oversell your br和 or push for conversions too soon. Appeal to your audience on an emotional level to grow long-term connections.
- 找到正确的渠道. Which type of media helps you convey your ideas best? 社交媒体? Video? 照片? 电子邮件? Start by picking one or two 和 focusing on how to maximize those channels.
- 建立偏好. You can dig into what makes your br和/company unique later. 告诉那些故事. Consider user generated content (reviews, testimonials, advocates) to speak for you.
- 保留. Keep the conversation going with a consistent cadence even after the sale. 电子邮件 和 social are great channels for maintaining that connection.
- 为自己的渠道加油. Use communication you can directly control, 比如社交媒体, 时事通讯, 文章, 视频, 事件, 博客或图表.
- Distribute through trusted, paid channels. Get your message out to a broader audience with sponsored content.
- 加入谈话. Being present when consumers seek information is key to staying relevant in this “always on” world.
- 质量是很重要的. Consumers are savvy 和 can see through veiled ads. Contribute value to the conversation 和 watch as your relationship grows in value.
- Distribute widely 和 wisely. There are so many channels. Choose what’s most relevant to your business 和 then make the message match the medium.
If you’re like most marketers, you’ve already begun experimenting with content marketing. You may be looking for ways to become more efficient, effective or are just looking for some good old tricks of the trade to advance your content marketing activities.
Studies prove that when executed effectively, content marketing reduces sales cycles 和 lowers total acquisition costs, while also delivering inherent business benefits to drive mind 和 market share—a compelling business case to start amplifying your content marketing plans.
It’s important to connect the dots to building 和 nurturing personalized relationships over an extended period.